“To offer Advisory & Research Services to shape the future of Electricity Sector in Pakistan”
Based in Pakistan but global in scope, we are not bound by any one stereotypical globalization strategy. Instead, we take the utmost advantage of the characteristics of our Members and locate.
IPPA aspires to be one of the best power sector advisory & Research association/body/council in Pakistan, by any measure – an organization that creates real value for its IPP members and industry stakeholders by delivering high-quality research, advisory services, policy recommendations and globally recommended solutions; employs the best people, nurtures them, and enables them to succeed; and steadfastly commits itself to an ethic of honesty and service.
An independent, nonprofit organization, IPPA brings together like minded professionals as well as experts from academia and industry to help address challenges in electricity, including growth and development, reliability, efficiency, health, safety and the environment.
IPPA is committed to provide an independent, external advise to the member IPPs on how to maximize the effectiveness of power sector, the appropriateness of its pathways to impact and on how to achieve its goals. IPPA aims to be a vocal member of power sector and focus on research and development studies/programs that are instrumental in shaping the future of electricity sector in Pakistan
IPPA also aims to provide technology, policy and economic analyses, to drive long-range research and development planning, and support research in emerging technologies not only in Pakistan but also world over.
Our mission is to lead and support the growth of the power sector in Pakistan through:
• Shaping policy – by collaborating with the government bodies to produce a comprehensive and visionary energy policy of Pakistan.
• Advising in developing standards and regulations and ensuring the integrity of the industry
• Promoting the industry
• Voicing the concerns of the private sector at relevant forums
• Providing a range of valuable services, representation and support to our members, and partners
• Representing our members at various forums including key government institutions, media, sector stakeholders and other relevant bodies.