Established in 2010, Independent Power Producers Association (IPPA) is an organization that works in an advisory capacity to IPPs in Pakistan. It also acts as a bridge between IPPs and the Government for resolution of their common issues. The main functions of IPPA are to;
- Liaise with relevant ministries of the Federal as well as Provincial Governments.
- Represent IPPs with NTDC, NEPRA and other relevant authorities.
- Collect, prepare and circulate relevant statistics and information of the power sector of Pakistan to its members and to the public
- Prepare research reports and publications relevant to power sector.
- Represent IPPs in policy-making and to the media.